The date for the Measly Meet-up is fast approaching so it’s time for a quick re-cap!
Date: 12th April 2012
Time: 11:30AM – 5PM (people can come and go as they wish)
Where: Green Park, London – Just outside the tube station (you’ll probably see us on the grass)
Nearest Tube: Green Park (Jubilee, Victoria & Piccadilly lines)
Nearest Car Park: 18 Arlington Street, St. James’s
· Dress up if you wish (there will be a competition for the best dressed)
· Bring a packed lunch or money to buy food from the local Mc Donald’s
· Prepare for all weathers, rain or shine
· Have a ‘ICE’ contact on your phone (in case of emergency)
Rotten Rules (sorry, they have to be done):
· Have parental / guardian permission to come
· Children under 14 to be accompanied by an adult
· No drugs / illegal substances
· Limit swearing
· No littering
What will be happening on the day?
· 11:30 - 12:30 - Introducing everyone, live web-chat with others around the world.
· 12:30 - 13:30 - A chance for everyone to meet each other, chat about anything.
· 13:30 - 14:30 - Lunch. Picnic and those who wish to go elsewhere for lunch, e.g. Mc Donald’s, may do so.
· The rest of the day will include fangirling, a lot of fangirling.
· We would also like to record some messages for ‘Jim’s Birthday Box’ and record messages for the cast which will be put into a video and sent to them. But the rest of the day is mainly up to you, we could do historical quizzes, HH dance routines, singing of the Savage Songs… anything. Let us know if you have any ideas!
And most importantly,
Have fun and enjoy the day!
Yes there is. April 12th at Green Park. Quite a few people are going from my knowledge.
There’s lots of news on the Horrible Histories front this week so I thought I’d do a detailed post about it all, so here we go.
This week Horrible Histories has been nominated for two awards under Children’s categories.
The Rose d’Or Awards, the core of the Festival, have been rewarding originality, quality and creativity in entertainment programming, and encouraging excellence in television and associated digital media since 1961.
Horrible Histories is up against ‘How To Survive…’ (Lemming Film for AVRO,
Netherlands) and ‘The Gruffalo’s Child’ (Magic Light Pictures for BBC,
Royal Television Awards
Chaired by David Liddiment, the Awards honour excellence in key genres of television programming, from children’s fiction to comedy performance, history to soaps, covering both national and regional output. Held annually, the RTS Programme Awards aim to recognise the work of exceptional actors, presenters, writers and production teams, as well as celebrating the programmes themselves.
The Awards will be hosted by actor and comedian, Rob Brydon, at a ceremony on Tuesday 20 March at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London.And if anyone is thinking of attending, let us know.
Horrible Histories is up against ‘Newsround – My Autism & Me’ (BBC Productions for CBBC) and ‘The Amazing World Of Gumball – The Quest’ (Dandelion Studios, Boulder Media & Studio Soi for Cartoon Network Europe)
In other news the Horrible Histories Series 3 DVD is available to Pre-order on Amazon and will be released in the UK on May 21st 2012. Please click here for more information.
Hello! The Series 3 DVD should be available from around the same time as Series 4 is released. But as yet there is no set date, but we will let you know when we know. x
Just a little note to let you know that we will be attending the Horrible Histories Series 4 Screening at BFI Southbank on March 18th.
So expect some photos (not from the screening, from the fun day) and a detailed write-up, but obviously, no spoilers! We wouldn’t want to ruin it for you!
Two of our “HHistorians” team are attending and we will be tweeting from our twitter account @HHistorians.
ps. don’t forget our dress-up competition! Click here.
All very funny videos with tips to help you stay safe online.
Then you can either make one or choose the e-voucher option of your choice which is sent via the site you choose through e-mail.